Halloween & Trick-or-Treating
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds...biting cold air envelops our bodies...and the trees are ablaze with color. It's late October--time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search for a treat. Of course, we're talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of events going on to satisfy the timid...and those that dare to be scared!
Below are the events and trick or treating times for Ludington, Scottville, Pentwater, Hart, and Manistee in 2014. In addition to Halloween, check out the other fun fall events going on in the area.
Communities setting Trick-or-Treat times on October 31:
Below is a list of activities which typically occur in late October.
- Harvest Party at Cornerstone Baptist Church, 121 Nelson Road, Ludington.
- Boy Scout Troop 1190 Haunted House at Community Church, 109 N. Harrison St..
- Trick or Treat at Oakview Medical Care Facility front lobby.
- Pumpkins in the Parking Lot at St. John's Lutheran Church, Ludington.
- Halloween Cosmic Party at Country Lanes Bowling Center.
- Halloween Costume Contest at Golden Key Art Gallery, Ludington.
- Halloween Weekend Family Event at Shagway Arts Barn, Ludington.
- 31 - Downtown Ludington Halloween Parade and Trick or Treat.
- 31 - Ludington Optimist Halloween Party, Foster School gym, Ludington.
- Halloween Party & Karaoke at Intersection Bar at Baymont Inn & Suites.
- 31 - Halloween on the Green and Spooktacular Parade, Pentwater.
- 31 - Community Trick or Treating with free homemade donuts at the Pentwater Fire Station.
- Trunk or Treat at Norman Township Community Center, Wellston.
- Trunk or Treat at Bear Lake Lions Den, Bear Lake
- Scottville Halloween-Fall Carnival at MCC Middle School.
- Boo-tastic Halloween Event free photo with donation to United Way of Mason County at Photography by Sue Brown, Scottville.
- Trunks N Treats at Scottville United Methodist Church.
- Trunk or Treat at Our Savior Lutheran Church, Scottville.
More Fall Happenings...
More Things to Do in West Michigan...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.