Halloween & Trick-or-Treating
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds...biting cold air envelops our bodies...and the trees are ablaze with color. It's late October--time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search for a treat. Of course, we're talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of events going on to satisfy the timid...and those that dare to be scared!
Below are the events and trick or treating times for Ludington, Scottville, Pentwater, Hart, and Manistee. In addition to Halloween, check out the other fun fall events going on in the area.
Communities setting Trick-or-Treat times on October 31. Times for 2014 will be announced when they become available.
Below is a list of usual activities in late October. Dates listed are current for 2014. Keep checking back for updates.
- October 24 - Pumpkin Party, 4pm, Ludington library.
- October 24 - Annual Zombie Walk, 8pm, from Ludington City Park, downtown Ludington.
- October 24 & 25 - Haunted Fairgrounds, Mason County Fairgrounds. Sponsored by LHS, MCC & MCE Honor Societies.
- October 25 - Trick or Treat, 4pm-8pm, Historic White Pine Village.
- October 25 - Halloween Crafts, 9:30am-2pm, Ludington Library, followed by downtown trick-or-treating from 2-4pm and after-party at 4pm.
- October 25 - Safe Harbor Halloween Parade 2pm followed by Trick or Treat until 4pm, downtown Ludington.
- October 25 - "Live from the LACA" Rocktober Night of Fright presented by LUDROCK Music & Friends. 6pm-10pm, Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
- October 28 - Halloween Hustle one-mile run for grades K-6, 4:45pm, Cartier Park, Ludington.
- Halloween party, Foster School Gym, Ludington.
- October 31 - Trick or Treat, 6pm-8pm, Oakview Medical Care Facility front lobby.
- Pumpkins in the Parking Lot, parking lot of St. John's Lutheran Church, Ludington.
- October 31 - Halloween Cosmic Party, Country Lanes Bowling Center.
- October 31 - Halloween Costume Contest, 10am-8pm, Golden Key Art Gallery, Ludington.
- October 31-November 2 - Halloween Weekend Family Event, 3pm-6pm Friday; 1:30pm-6pm Saturday & Sunday, Shagway Arts Barn, Ludington.
- October 25 - Spooktacular Weekend, 1pm-5pm, Pentwater. Saturday activities include Halloween on the Green (costume contest, face painting, pumpkin painting, sack race, crafts, egg toss); trick or treating downtown merchants and Charles Mears State Park; Spooktacular Parade; Pub Crawl at 6pm.
- October 26 - Raise the Dead: Eye-Opening Coffee, 8:30am, Cenzo's Italian Market.
- October 31 - Community Trick or Treating 5pm-8pm, with free homemade donuts at the Pentwater Fire Station.
- October 18 & 19, 25 & 26 - Cemetery Tour, 4pm-6pm, Oak Grove Cemetery, Manistee.
- October 25 - Boos, Brews & Brats events from 10am-11pm including, zombie 5k run, games, music entertainment, costume contests, downtown Manistee.
- October 25 - Trick-or-Treat on River Street, 3:30-5pm, downtown Manistee.
- October 28 - Manistee bands Halloween concert, 7:30pm, Manistee High School Auditorium.
- October 31 - Trunk or Treat, 6pm-8pm, children trick or treat at parked cars, costume contest, Norman Township Community Center, Wellston.
- October 31 - Trunk or Treat, decorated car trunks and trick or treating for kids, 5pm-8pm, Bear Lake Lions Den, Bear Lake
- October 31 - Scottville Halloween-Fall Carnival, 4:30pm-6pm, games, activities, treats, hotdogs, MCC Middle School.
- October 31 - Boo-tastic Halloween Event free photo with donation to United Way of Mason County, 2pm-7pm, Photography by Sue Brown, Scottville.
- October 31 - Trunks N Treats, 6pm-8pm Scottville United Methodist Church.
- October 25 - Children's Halloween (3pm-5pm) and Adult Halloween Party (8:30pm-12:30am live band and costume contest). Ruby Creek Conservation Club.
More Fall Happenings...
More Things to Do in West Michigan...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.